It's important to prepare before you start collecting supporting evidence. You will need to understand how your psychosocial disability impacts your life. This is what the NDIS calls your 'functional capacity'. Your functional capacity must link to the NDIS activity domains.
In this worksheet we will ask you some questions to help you gather your supporting evidence. There are questions to help you prepare for your appointment as well as advocate at your appointment.
You can use this worksheet in different ways. For example, you can enter text in the boxes. If you’d like to express yourself in another way, for example visually – then leave the box blank before printing it.
- You can access more information about how to apply on the .
- You can read the information available on the website or share this link with your clinicians.
- For more information about psychosocial disability, mental health and the NDIS, you can visit the or the .
- For more information about how the NDIS weigh evidence of disability, you can visit the .
- For more information about timeframes for when the NDIS must make decisions, visit the .
You can now print/save your choices. Once you have applied, you will be notified of the outcome of your application within 21 days. If you have been successful, you can then move to the section of this toolkit. If you have not been successful, you can choose to either:
Reviewed 23 November 2022