Change can bring about new and exciting opportunities. However, it can also bring uncertainty. Thinking about applying for the NDIS is a big decision. Therefore, it’s important to think about what it means for you.
In this worksheet we will go through a change activity – it may help you decide whether applying for the NDIS at this time in your life is what you want.
You can use this worksheet in different ways. For example, you can enter text in the boxes. If you’d like to express yourself in another way, for example visually – then leave the box blank before printing it.
Speaking up for what you want can be challenging. You can use the IMHA self-advocacy in combination with this worksheet to help you let people know what it is you want.
- Read more information about the NDIS disability
- For more information, read the Supporting people with mental health needs to access the NDIS booklet on the Victorian Mental Illness Awareness Council (VMIAC) publications .
You can now print/save your information. If you have decided that the NDIS could be part of your life, you can take a look at the:
- My identity and keeping myself safe section of this toolkit to learn about how to keep yourself safe when engaging with the NDIS.
- Who will support me? section of this toolkit if you would like someone to help you engage with the NDIS.
- Applying for the NDIS section of this toolkit if you would like to apply.
Reviewed 23 November 2022