This worksheet will help you work out if someone will be a good match as a support person.
You can use these questions for any situation. You can choose different support people for different purposes.
You can use this worksheet in different ways. For example, you can enter text in the boxes. If you’d like to express yourself in another way, for example visually – then leave the box blank before printing it.
Speaking up for what you want can be challenging. You can use the IMHA self-advocacy in combination with this worksheet to help you let people know what it is you want.
Use the print function to print this page or save it as a PDF. There is no option to send this information and it will not be saved by the website.
Please check the box next to any questions you would like to answer and a text box will appear.
- The Victorian Mental Illness Awareness (VMIAC) can provide support around the NDIS
- You can use the Ask Izzy Disability Advocacy to find an advocate.
- has information on supported decision-making.
- Tandem (Victoria) can provide support to carers
- The NDIS provides information for families and carers
- You can look at the Disability Services Act , the Disability Discrimination Act , or the Australian Human Rights Commission Disability website to find out more about your rights.
You can now print/save your information. If you have decided that the NDIS could be part of your life, you can take a look at the:
- My identity and keeping myself safe section of this toolkit to learn about how to keep yourself safe when engaging with the NDIS.
- Applying for the NDIS section of this toolkit if you would like to apply.
Reviewed 23 November 2022